How does the Annual Subscription work?
You will have access to all hosts on the platform and will be able to book a trip with them from the date you make the payment for an entire year.
Please note that this doesn't mean all trips will confirm your trip. You have to match the relevant skills & requirements for each person, as well as being a personality fit for them (i.e. do they like you or do you fit the mould for their business?)
This is a SINGLE FEE for the entire year. You will not be charged for other bookings on the platform. We will also not auto-renew your subscription next year to try and take advantage of your forgetfulness. That's not the Worldpackers way.
When will I be charged?
On the moment you choose the subscription as your payment model. You will be purchasing a plan, so keep that in mind. You'll be charged the U$49 fee and will be able confirm how many trips you want for an one-year period, without having to pay for new confirmation fees.
Worldpackers is a platform that connects hosts and travelers to promote collaborative experiences. All logistics apart from this are on the travelers' responsability, such as the flight tickets, local transportation, visas, etc.
However, there are some benefits you can get when you exchange your skills, like free meals or free tours! Don't forget to check the host's position and see everything they are offering as additional benefits to the travelers :)
Is there any sort of refund of the Annual Subscription fee?
- After the use of the services provided by the Annual Subscription, the refund of the fee is made through credits on your virtual wallet
- in case the traveler wants to cancel the subscription, he/she will have the profile updated to the pay-per-trip model and will receive the amount paid on the subscription as credits on his/her virtual wallet on the platform to be used on the next trip confirmations, with no expiration date;
- Are understood as "use of the services":
- one or more applications;
- one or more pre-approvals;
- one or more trip confirmations.
- If you want to be sure of the trip confirmation before being charged, choose the pay-per-trip payment mode.
- Worldpackers is not responsible for:
- issues with passports or visas;
- availability or costs of transportation to the host's location.
Why do some FAQs on the Help Center refer to paying per position?
We are currently offering two types of payment model: annual subscription and pay-per-trip.
This is because it's much more popular & allows you to travel a whole year for the same price as a week. Our mission is to get people traveling more, so the longer you travel, the happier we are!
If you come across other payment FAQ's on our Help Center, then just ignore it. It is there to help out any previous customers with bookings on our old system. All of the information you need is on this page.However, if you still have doubts, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org