What is the Staff Calendar?
The Staff Calendar is a tool integrated into the Worldpackers platform designed to make the recruitment process easier, faster and more assertive. It will help you to:
- Manage your volunteer requests in one place;
- Receive requests only for the dates you really need;
- Track who is arriving and leaving and eliminate the hard work of keeping your staff calendar to date;
- Plan months ahead to keep your operations running smoothly, saving you time and money.
You can access this feature from the top menu of the Worldpackers page, or from the link below. Click on it now to update your calendar and get the most of the platform! www.worldpackers.com/hosts/calendar
Meet our calendar labels!
The calendar uses a color code to display the stages of interaction with the applicant:
- Closed Position: you have created a position, but it is not active at the moment. WPs cannot apply to this position at this moment.
- Unavailable: the positon is open, but not available for WPs for the current dates (Ex. There is no need for a gardener in the winter, so the position is unavailable during these months)
- Applicant: a WPr has applied to this position but you haven't confirmed anything yet. The conversation is on going.
- Expired by inactivity: a WP has applied, but one of you, either the WP or yourself, didn't not follow up on the last message, and the conversation has become inactive before coming to an agreement. You can reactivate the conversation by going to your inbox and sending a message to the applicant. He will then turn light blue again (applicant status).
- Pre-approved: You have approved an application, YAY! You are now waiting for the traveler to confirm his trip. If he doesn't answer, feel free to send him a friendly reminder from your inbox :)
- Confirmed: After you pre-approved an application, the WP will confirm his trip. Get ready, he will be knocking at your door on the date you agreed for the position! If it is a long time from now, keep in touch regularly to make sure your Worldpacker doesn't change his plans. To become a master at this, we've created a special section just for you, check it out here.
How to use the calendar in the best way?
The Staff Calendar will save you time to recruit and manage your availability for Worldpackers, because it allows you to easily visualize and have full control of who is coming and going. With an updated calendar, travelers can apply to arrive only for the dates in which you really need them.
That means never wasting your time again talking to travelers when you can't receive them!
From updating the Worldpackers stay to blocking specific months of the calendar, this short tutorial shares some tips on how to take the best out of Worldpackers!
How to receive only applications that really matter?
At Worldpackers, we want to make it as easy and fast as possible for you to recruit only the best Packers for your place. And, for that, it's important to keep your Calendar updated.
With an updated Calendar, travelers can only apply to arrive at your place for the dates in which you have availability to receive them. However, keep in mind that you can still receive applications during the blocked months, because travelers want to plan their trip in advance.
For example, if you can't receive Packers in January, you can block the month of January in your calendar, so that travelers can only apply to arrive in other months. However, you can still receive applications during the month of January, because they plan their trip with advance, so if they want to travel in February and March, they will apply in January.
To block a full month, access your calendar and do as it follows:
To block bits of a month, access your calendar and click on "add a volunteer" and fill in the dates in which you want to block: