Please keep in mind that hosts place a lot of trust and reliance in confirmed travelers to receive help with several tasks (in somes cases helping run businesses) and that last-minute cancellations can be very harmful to them.
We understand that unexpected situations and/or circumstances may require travelers to cancel their trip. We encourage you to communicate with your host as soon as possible and see if you can change your original travel dates rather than cancel your entire trip. If this is not possible, you must let your host know that you are no longer able to travel.
On every application page, where travelers and hosts carry conversations, you will find a "Cancel my stay" button.
If you cancel 30 days prior to arrival, the fee you paid to Worldpackers will be converted into credits on our website and automatically added to your wallet. This credit can be used for your next trip(s).
Please note that refunds are not available.
If you cancel less than 30 days prior to arrival, you will not be eligible to receive any credits.
If you confirm a trip that will start in less than 30 days and you cancel, you will not be eligible to receive any credits.
Cancellation Policy - Single Trip Payment Model:
The trip confirmation configures the use of the service provided by this payment model and the only kind of refund of the amount paid for the confirmation are the credits in your virtual wallet. According to our Cancellation Policy, if you cancel your trip more than 30 days before your arrival date, we will automatically give you credits (worth the same amount you paid on the confirmation fee) which you can use for other Worldpackers trips. If you cancel your stay less than 30 days prior to your arrival date , we cannot transfer the credits :(
In case the host cancels on you, up to one day before your trip begins, you'll automatically receive U$150 in credits. We understand how much planning goes into organising a trip, and that's exactly why you can count on Worldpackers insurance to give you these credits to be used on your next trips with Worldpackers. Once your host clicks on the "Cancel" button, you'll be able to see the credits directly in your wallet.
Cancellation Policy - Annual Subscription:
- After the use of the services provided by the Annual Subscription, the refund of the fee is made through credits on your virtual wallet
- in case the traveler wants to cancel the subscription, he/she will have the profile updated to the pay-per-trip model and will receive the amount paid on the subscription as credits on his/her virtual wallet on the platform to be used on the next trip confirmations, with no expiration date;
- Are understood as "use of the services":
- one or more applications;
- one or more pre-approvals;
- one or more trip confirmations.
- If you want to be sure of the trip confirmation before being charged, choose the pay-per-trip payment mode.
- Worldpackers is not responsible for:
- issues with passports or visas;
- availability or costs of transportation to the host's location.