Did you know that sometimes your profile is more important than your application? Hosts will check your profile to have more information about you. So don’t be shy! Show them all you got! Each profile is unique, but we’ve set aside some tips for those who find it hard to talk about themselves:
- Choose your best picture for your profile! Do you know when your mom comments on your profile pic “I can’t see your pretty face here!”? Well, hosts also like to see who’s behind the screen. Avoid photos with friends and show your pretty face.
- Show your other trips! We all have those amazing photos we want to repost a thousand times. Show us where you’ve been to, your adventures and the crazy stuff you did on the road! Climbed a mountain? Bungee jumped? Camped in an inhospitable place? This is YOUR time to shine. Most hosts have also been travelers and there isn’t a better icebreaker than talking about a trip in common. Seeing where you’ve been also helps understand your traveling style and what you like to do when you’re exploring the world!
- If you don’t have traveling photos, talk about your hobbies! If you’re crazy about surfing or love cooking, tell the world! Hosts can get to know you better through your hobbies :)
- Write an honest description of yourself. We know that a picture is worth a thousand words, but it’s also important to write a little bit, right? Talk about your personality, your background and your purpose. It can be funny, serious or even exciting. It just can’t be blank!
- A complete background will support your description! Hosts love profiles that share everything, from educational and work background to hobbies and trips.
- Do you have a portfolio? Awesome! If you’re a photographer, video-maker, artist or musician, show off your talents. Feel free to share links to your portfolio and show your amazing job! Hosts that are looking for those abilities will ask to see previous work and showing them on your profile may even make a host come to you before you contact anyone!
- Confirm inside Worldpackers’ platform to get reviews! Every experience with a Worldpackers’ host gives you the right to write and receive reviews like those on our hosts' profiles. Hosts also like travelers who have references and, of course, the best way to get them is by seeing your previous experiences with Worldpackers.